Is your sock drawer a mess? This article will show you step-by-step how to fold socks and organize them with two great methods. Pick your favorite method!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
How to Fold Socks
Method 1: KonMari Method
I use the KonMari Method to fold socks. This method originates from the pro-organizer, Marie Kondo. Her minimalist approach to organizing socks is fast, simple and looks great. Here are the steps to folding socks:
- Step 1: Place one sock directly on top of its mate.
- Step 2: Visually cut the sock pair in thirds (for ankle socks) fourths (for mid-length socks) or fifths (for knee-high socks).
- Step 3: Fold along the imaginary lines you made, like you are folding a letter.
- Step 4: Place your sock pair in your drawer organizer standing up.
Method 2: The Square Method
The square method takes a little longer to do, but it’s also a great method. This method with keep your socks together.
- Step 1: Lay down one sock in a vertical line with the heel facing up.
- Step 2: Lay the sock’s mate horizontally across the vertical sock, with the heel facing up. Your socks should now be in a cross shape.
- Step 3: Flip the bottom sock’s toe up and over the other sock. Tuck it under.
- Step 4: Fold over the cuff.
- Step 5: Repeat step 3 and 4 with the other sock. You should have a square shape with two cuffs sticking out.
- Step 6: Tuck in the first cuff and take the second cuff and tuck it into the little pocket.
Step 7: Place your sock pair in your drawer organizer standing up.
Congratulations! Now you know how to fold socks and organize them! Let me know in the comments which method you decided to use. Also, the sock organizer will help your folded socks stay organized.
Leave a Reply